- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle fillets with seasoned salt; drizzle with lemon juice. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, peppers, broth, tomato paste, garlic powder and oregano; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Place fillets over tomato mixture; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If desired, serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Tomato-Braised Tilapia
Sort By :
"Thank you for sharing this recipe! We really enjoyed it and I loved how fast, easy, and flavorful it was. We had it over sauteed veggies and ate it up."
"Absolutely loved this! Easy recipe and loaded with flavor! I served with a side of couscous. I actually replaced the roasted red peppers with diced sweet yellow pepper...added when I was cooking the onion."
"Good flavor. I think the seasoned salt was the key here."
"This was fast and easy to make and had great flavor! We already had all the ingredients on hand. This recipe is a keeper."
"I made a version of this with mahi mahi and home grown tomatoes. Served it with egg noodles"