Savory Tomato-Braised Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with seasoned salt; drizzle with lemon juice. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, peppers, broth, tomato paste, garlic powder and oregano; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- 2. Place fillets over tomato mixture; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If desired, serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without pasta) equals 254 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Savory Tomato-Braised Tilapia
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.