Savory Swiss Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup finely crushed thin wheat crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt, egg, egg yolk, basil and rosemary; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in Swiss cheese.
- 2. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 3. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 169 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat