Savory Sweet Potato Salad
Give any meal a special twist with this creamy, distinctive make-ahead salad. It's especially good along-side ham.--Marlen Schott, Devine, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds sweet potato, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red pepper and onion. In a small
- bowl, blend mayonnaise, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over
- potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least
- 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 366 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.