- peppers into chunks. Add broth, peppers and reserved pineapple to
- meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the
- vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add to
- meatball mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup meatball mixture with 3/4 cup rice) equals 456 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.