I'm always looking for good-tasting recipes that are low in fat and quick to fix, and this fits the bill. Because zucchini is so abundant, it's almost a game to find new ways to fix it. This makes a perfect side dish for any meal. -Nadine Daniels, Curtis, Washington
Recommended: 45 Summer Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, tomato and onion in oil for 1 minute. Sprinkle with seasonings; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Summer Squash in Reminisce Extra June 2002, p52
Reviews for Savory Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
"Yuck. This just doesn't have much going for it."
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2012
"Loved this recipe. So easy. Left out the marjoram. Used my first squash from the garden for this-I am sure we will make this again this summer"