I'm always looking for good-tasting recipes that are low in fat and quick to fix, and this fits the bill. Because zucchini is so abundant, it's almost a game to find new ways to fix it. This makes a perfect side dish for any meal. -Nadine Daniels, Curtis, Washington
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, tomato and onion in oil for 1 minute. Sprinkle with seasonings; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Summer Squash in Reminisce Extra June 2002, p52
Reviews for Savory Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review