Savory Stuffing Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, seasonings and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth; heat to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans, seam side down.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Savory Stuffing Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Savory Stuffing Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review