- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach, cook until wilted. Stir in the stuffing mix, sour cream and sage.
- Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Pork Chops
Sort By :
Its a great stuffing for your porkchops when your tired of same old stuffing i added some cooked bavon and chopped pecans. My kiddo can not tolerate butter so i used.olive oil and light sourcream. It was great even my husband who is stuck on my mom has best stuffing i dont like box stuffing enjoyed deff a keeper
It's hard to find thick pork chops at 8 oz each so I use 4 bigger pork chops. We don't care for sage so we use Stovetop Pork Stuffing mix. I stuff the pork chops really full and still have some leftovers to put in a casserole dish! My husband doesn't even like spinach but doesn't want his pork chops prepared any other way!
Very easy to make and so yummy that I didn't need ketchup on my pork chops like I do with other recipes. :x
The stuffing was too squishy I thought, it was just ok, not something I'll make again.
Awsome!!! I made 4 large chops and froze the remaining stuffing for another time. Hopefully it will be just as good!! My guests were impressed. Didn't change a thing.