Savory Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach, cook until wilted. Stir in the stuffing mix, sour cream and sage.
- 2. Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Pork Chops
"With a little wine vinegar the stuffing is a good dip with crackers all by itself!!!!"
"Its a great stuffing for your porkchops when your tired of same old stuffing i added some cooked bavon and chopped pecans. My kiddo can not tolerate butter so i used.olive oil and light sourcream. It was great even my husband who is stuck on my mom has best stuffing i dont like box stuffing enjoyed deff a keeper"
"It's hard to find thick pork chops at 8 oz each so I use 4 bigger pork chops. We don't care for sage so we use Stovetop Pork Stuffing mix. I stuff the pork chops really full and still have some leftovers to put in a casserole dish! My husband doesn't even like spinach but doesn't want his pork chops prepared any other way!"
"Very easy to make and so yummy that I didn't need ketchup on my pork chops like I do with other recipes. :x"
"The stuffing was too squishy I thought, it was just ok, not something I'll make again."
"Awsome!!! I made 4 large chops and froze the remaining stuffing for another time. Hopefully it will be just as good!! My guests were impressed. Didn't change a thing."
"Meals have been SO boring!! Found this and tried it and WOW!!! It was the most amazing dish I've made in a while. Made my own stuffing with bread crumbs in processor but, it was amazing!!! It will be a regular for me."
"I made these for some guests. They raved about them, one even said "wow they look just like the picture." They were awesome and I will be making these again!"
"This was delicious! It went together quickly and easily. The stuffing was excellent and I am planning on using a variation to stuff chicken breasts with it."
"YUMM-O! I added garlic, dried cranberries, and about 1/2 cup of apple juice. Everyone ate every last bite and raved. So easy and looked like I spent hours over a hot stove!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.