Savory Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 large fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a skillet, saute the stems, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread cubes, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 2. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 36 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were very good! And EXTREMELY easy! I really liked the pepper as I had never had stuffed mushrooms with peppers. We simply adapted the quantities to make this feed 4 adults. Huge hit!"
"These were absolutely delicious. I didn't have a green pepper on hand so substituted a bit of red and orange pepper in its place. Super good."
"my boyfriend and family loved this. We all recomend this to everyone"