Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Some snowy night, when just the two of you need a little something to munch on until dinner, try this simple but delicious recipe from Pam Miller in Kokomo, Indiana.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a
- skillet, saute the stems, green pepper and onion in butter until
- tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread cubes, salt, pepper
- and cayenne.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until stuffing
- is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 mushrooms equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.