Some snowy night, when just the two of you need a little something to munch on until dinner, try this simple but delicious recipe from Pam Miller in Kokomo, Indiana.
- 6 large fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a skillet, saute the stems, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread cubes, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Stuffed Mushrooms in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p14
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2013 Edited Mar. 12, 2014
"These were absolutely delicious. I didn't have a green pepper on hand so substituted a bit of red and orange pepper in its place. Super good."
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2010
"my boyfriend and family loved this. We all recomend this to everyone"