Savory Stuffed Figs
“I use this three-ingredient recipe when I want a sweet and savory appetizer that’s simple to make. It can be made ahead, and is nice for elegant or casual parties.” —Maggie Zabinko, Anchorage, Alaska
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Grill: 5 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 24 dried figs
- 24 pecan halves
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with a pecan
- half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8
- minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed fig equals 80 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.