Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the apple, ham, mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until onion and apple are tender. Stir in mustard, bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with the apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with flour.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,103 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"Very good recipe. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. Would definitely make again. It's nice to make a small recipe so that you're not stuck with leftovers all week."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.