"The moist chicken with its savory filling makes a special entree for two, yet it's not tricky to prepare," notes Katherine Suter of Prescott, Arizona.
- 3/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, saute the apple, ham, mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until onion and apple are tender. Stir in mustard, bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with the apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with flour.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review