Savory Steak Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Rub over both sides of steak. Brush with 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until onion is browned.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine greens, cranberries, blue cheese, onion and beef. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Steak Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p8
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Savory Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
Very easy and very tasty.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2009 Edited May. 13, 2011
One of my favorites!