Cream of chicken soup creates the easy sauce that coats these tender sprouts from Daphne Blandford of Gander, Newfoundland. Seasoned with thyme and sprinkled with sliced almonds, this side dish is special enough for guests.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, cook brussels sprouts according to package directions;
- drain. Remove sprouts and set aside. To the saucepan, add soup, milk
- and thyme; heat through. Return sprouts to pan; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.