Savory Spinach Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach, salt and nutmeg.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream, cheese and eggs. Stir in spinach mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 327 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.