Even those who aren't morning people will break into smiles when they taste this super spinach pie. Serves with cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit, it will surely get your day off to a sunny start!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream, cheese and eggs. Stir in spinach mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Spinach Pie in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p11
Reviews for Savory Spinach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review