Savory Spinach Chicken
I created this quick recipe for one simply by using what I had in the refrigerator. Now it's a favorite of mine! —Sarah Manary, Woodmere, Ohio
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash salt
- 1 slice provolone cheese (3/4 ounce)
- Place 3 tablespoons salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag;
- add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least
- 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet, brown chicken on each
- side. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the spinach,
- remaining salad dressing and salt until spinach is wilted; drain.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top
- with spinach and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22
- minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 250 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.