I created this quick recipe for one simply by using what I had in the refrigerator. Now it's a favorite of mine! —Sarah Manary, Woodmere, Ohio
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash salt
- 1 slice provolone cheese (3/4 ounce)
- Place 3 tablespoons salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet, brown chicken on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the spinach, remaining salad dressing and salt until spinach is wilted; drain.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with spinach and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Savory Spinach Chicken in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p51
Reviews for Savory Spinach Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review