- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash salt
- 1 slice provolone cheese (3/4 ounce)
- Place 3 tablespoons salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet, brown chicken on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the spinach, remaining salad dressing and salt until spinach is wilted; drain.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with spinach and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Savory Spinach Chicken
Sort By :
"I've made this several times. I used the frozen spinach thawed and added sun dried tomatoes to the spinach and sauté as usual. Great every time!"
"Easy to make and good enough for company."
"This was excellent, my son and his wife even liked it...He is a picky eater!..."
"'Cooking for one' is a pain, and few recipies take this into account (service 4, etc.). This ones simple and very tastie."
"This is a quick and easy last minute meal. I saute onions, mushrooms together then add the spinach. I use swiss cheese over the chicken breast and place the spinach mixture over that. Very Good!!!!!!"