Savory Spiced Almonds Recipe
"You won't be able to eat just one of these!" assures Keri Scofield Lawson of Fullerton, California. "So make several batches to share. They're a great snack anytime."
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups unsalted whole unblanched almonds
- 1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, add butter. Bake in a 300° oven for 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in the soy sauce, salt, ginger and garlic powder. Add almonds; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer.
- 2. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to paper towels to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 237 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC