Savory Skillet Noodles
"My daughter is a vegetarian, so I created this colorful side dish to serve with vegetables. She asks for it once a week," says Lucille Goers of Seminole, Florida. Chopped sweet peppers, onion and almonds accent the mild buttery noodles.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in butter
- until tender. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Sprinkle with almonds
- and bouillon; toss gently to combine. Heat through. Garnish with
- parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.