Savory Skillet Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in butter until tender. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Sprinkle with almonds and bouillon; toss gently to combine. Heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.