"My daughter is a vegetarian, so I created this colorful side dish to serve with vegetables. She asks for it once a week," says Lucille Goers of Seminole, Florida. Chopped sweet peppers, onion and almonds accent the mild buttery noodles.
- 8 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in butter until tender. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Sprinkle with almonds and bouillon; toss gently to combine. Heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Savory Skillet Noodles in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p57
Reviews for Savory Skillet Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review