Savory Skillet Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in butter until tender. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Sprinkle with almonds and bouillon; toss gently to combine. Heat through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Savory Skillet Noodles
Sort By :
"This sounded good but wanted a main dish. I added diced ham and 1 cup of chicken broth. I wanted to keep calories limited so eliminated the butter and used butter flavored cooking spray to saute the mushrooms, peppers and ham. I thickened the sauce with 1 tblsp. cornstarch. Really delicious. I think the next time I will use the other commenter's idea and add a can of diced tomatoes and some red pepper flakes."
"I found this in the "Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook." Ours were not buttery....I cooked the veggies in a garlic-infused olive oil. We used egg noodles and I sauteed the vegetables for almost the full eighteen minutes that it took to cook the noodles (from the time the water started boiling). Sliced almonds are too expensive at our stores....so I took two chicken bouillion cubes and some toasted salted almonds and put them in a Ziploc bag....then gently applied a hammer all over. In the final step, I added more regular olive oil to avoid sticking. We skipped the parsley garnish...though I do have some pretty good parsley flakes. We would definitely repeat this dish....and might experiment with putting some plum tomatoes in. The side dish that serves 8 was a tasty, light and filling meal that served 2. :-) Next time I will pick out a wine to go with."