Savory Sesame Green Beans Recipe
Vibrant and flavorful, this side will be a welcome accompaniment to any menu. With delightful Asian-inspired flair, it’s wonderful with light dishes like marinated and grilled salmon. Noelle Myers — Grand Forks, North Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans and red pepper in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables; stir to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until beans are tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC