Savory Seasoned Chicken Recipe
My mother-in-law shared this treasured recipe with me. It's long been a family favorite and is always welcome whenever I offer it to family and friends.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard and ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Seasoned Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Savory Seasoned Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review