- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard and ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Seasoned Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p32
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Savory Seasoned Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review