Savory Sausage Bread Recipe
A pound of sausage adds zip to these flavorful round loaves sent in by Fritzie Edwards. "Sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese, warm wedges are delicious at brunch, as a snack or as an appetizer," assures the Maxton, North Carolina cook.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add the sausage, biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese and onion; stir just until blended. Spoon into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 2 round loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 462 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,029 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC