Savory Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each medium sweet red pepper, sweet yellow pepper and green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1.2 ounces) herb and garlic soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In the drippings, saute peppers and onion until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the water and contents of one soup mix envelope (save the second envelope for another use). Add soup mixture, hot pepper sauce and sausage to the vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Savory Sausage and Peppers
Sort By :
This was very good and full of flavor. Will definitely make again
My husband loves this recipe. They only thing I change is I use brown rice instead of white rice.
I found it in a box similar to Lipton's onion soup box. I think the brand I found was Knorr.
This recipe was great, but please let me know where you can get a pkg (1.2oz) herb & garlic soup mix. I could not find it in the grocery store. I used a pkg of onion soup mix instead and added some crushed garlic.