My mother gave me the recipe for this tasty kielbasa meal that's loaded with colorful pepper chunks. I like to use a sop mix that adds a hint of garlic, but you can substitute other varieties to suit your family's tastes.
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each medium sweet red pepper, sweet yellow pepper and green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1.2 ounces) herb and garlic soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In the drippings, saute peppers and onion until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the water and contents of one soup mix envelope (save the second envelope for another use). Add soup mixture, hot pepper sauce and sausage to the vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Savory Sausage and Peppers in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p27
Reviews for Savory Sausage and Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review