Savory Sandwich Ring Recipe
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) crusty French bread dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced process American or Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef or turkey
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1. Place both loaves of dough seam side down on a greased 14-in. pizza pan, forming one large ring; pinch ends to seal. With a sharp knife, make eight 1/2-in.-deep slashes across the top of dough; lightly brush with oil.
- 2. Spread garlic over oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. To assemble, cut bread in half horizontally. Brush salad dressing over cut sides. Layer the bottom half with ham, cheese, beef, lettuce, onion, green pepper and tomato; replace top. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 271 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1238mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Savory Sandwich Ring
"Our Sunday School class was asked to provide sandwiches for the Vacation Bible School workers and I prepared this sandwich. It was so easy to prepare. I debated whether to leave the onion off but went ahead and left it on and figured if someone didn't like it they could take it off. I got nothing but compliments on this sandwich ring and even a few recipe requests. I wouldn't hesitate to fix this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My MIL and I make this every year for Christmas Eve. It's delicious!"