Savory Salami Strata Recipe
The mild Italian flavor makes this dish a great choice for a brunch. I served it at my daughter's First Communion celebration. The wonderful aroma greeted guests as they came in the house.—Peggy Nelson, Webster, Minnesota
- Butter, softened
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 8 slices salami or pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place eight slices buttered side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside 1 tablespoon each of the tomato and green pepper. Layer with salami, cheese, remaining tomato and green pepper. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, salt and Italian seasoning. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with reserved tomatoes and green pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 294 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Savory Salami Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC