Savory Rye Snacks Recipe
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the onions, cheeses, mayonnaise, mushrooms and olives. Spread on bread slices and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 pieces equals 242 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Rye Snacks
"I just made this recipe for the first time 2/3/14. I have adjusted the recipe somewhat and I baked the spread in a casserole dish, rather than using the cocktail rye bread slices. I used: 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, and 1 cup asparagus spears, well-drained and finely diced and the 4-oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, well drained. I don't care for olives, so I omitted them altogether! I think the recipe came out very nicely-I baked 20 minutes at 350o F. on a baking sheet in the casserole dish, well-greased, & until bubbly. The recipe made about 2-1/2 cups.Thank you, Connie Simon, for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"I have been making this recipe for years. It is always a hit!!"
"I did it today for my breakfast and was great, easy and fast to prepare!!"
"I have been using this recipe for years and everyone absolutely loves it!! I recently went to make it and found that I had misplaced the recipe. Thanks to tast of home online I was able to retrieve it to make for a party this weekend. Thanks!"