Savory Rye Snacks Recipe
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the onions, cheeses, mayonnaise, mushrooms and olives. Spread on bread slices and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 each: 242 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Savory Rye Snacks
"I just made this recipe for the first time 2/3/14. I have adjusted the recipe somewhat and I baked the spread in a casserole dish, rather than using the cocktail rye bread slices. I used: 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, and 1 cup asparagus spears, well-drained and finely diced and the 4-oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, well drained. I don't care for olives, so I omitted them altogether! I think the recipe came out very nicely-I baked 20 minutes at 350o F. on a baking sheet in the casserole dish, well-greased, & until bubbly. The recipe made about 2-1/2 cups.Thank you, Connie Simon, for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"I have been making this recipe for years. It is always a hit!!"
"I did it today for my breakfast and was great, easy and fast to prepare!!"
"I have been using this recipe for years and everyone absolutely loves it!! I recently went to make it and found that I had misplaced the recipe. Thanks to tast of home online I was able to retrieve it to make for a party this weekend. Thanks!"