Savory Rye Snacks
"I make the flavorful spread ahead of time and refrigerate it," reports Connie Simon, Reed City, Michigan. "Then all I have to do to have a quick snack is put it on the rye bread and bake."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- In a bowl, combine the onions, cheeses, mayonnaise, mushrooms and
- olives. Spread on bread slices and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pieces equals 242 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.