Savory Romano Sticks Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1. Brush one side of each puff pastry sheet with egg; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cut each sheet into ten 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 20 pastry sticks.
1 pastry stick equals 160 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Romano Sticks
"These were fantastic! We couldn't find Romano cheese, so I used Parmesan but we loved them! I was going to take some to my daughter, but my husband didn't want to share them. In fact we liked them so much I got on the site and started searching for more things using puff pastry. Next time hopefully I can try them with the Romano cheese."