Savory Romano Sticks Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1. Brush one side of each puff pastry sheet with egg; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cut each sheet into ten 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 20 pastry sticks.
1 pastry stick: 160 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Savory Romano Sticks
"These were fantastic! We couldn't find Romano cheese, so I used Parmesan but we loved them! I was going to take some to my daughter, but my husband didn't want to share them. In fact we liked them so much I got on the site and started searching for more things using puff pastry. Next time hopefully I can try them with the Romano cheese."