It's hard to munch just one of these yummy breadsticks. I can make them quickly using puff pastry. —Tim Ailport, West Lakeland, Minnesota
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Brush one side of each puff pastry sheet with egg; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Cut each sheet into ten 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 20 pastry sticks.
Originally published as Savory Romano Sticks in Taste of Home November 2011, p39
Reviews for Savory Romano Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review