Savory Roast Chicken
Brushing the bird with a savory-seasoned butter makes the meat nice and moist. This roasted chicken is so easy to make.Connie Moore, Medway, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine butter, lemon juice and savory; brush over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run
- clear, basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 361 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.