Savory Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter, lemon juice and savory; brush over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 361 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Savory Roast Chicken
"This was so juicy and wonderful and left overs made wonderful sandwiches. The only thing I chaned was the savory since I did not have any in stock. I used Mortons seasoning blend. I let it cook an extra 15 miutes because my bird was 4 pounds."
"When you're rushed for time or just tired, this is a very tasty super easy way to roast a chicken. Thanks, Connie! Who said great-tasting recipes need a lot of time? You can thicken the pan drippings for a good gravy."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.