Savory Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter, lemon juice and savory; brush over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 361 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Savory Roast Chicken
"This was so juicy and wonderful and left overs made wonderful sandwiches. The only thing I chaned was the savory since I did not have any in stock. I used Mortons seasoning blend. I let it cook an extra 15 miutes because my bird was 4 pounds."
"When you're rushed for time or just tired, this is a very tasty super easy way to roast a chicken. Thanks, Connie! Who said great-tasting recipes need a lot of time? You can thicken the pan drippings for a good gravy."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.