Brushing the bird with a savory-seasoned butter makes the meat nice and moist. This roasted chicken is so easy to make.—Connie Moore, Medway, Ohio
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine butter, lemon juice and savory; brush over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Roast Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Savory Roast Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review