Savory Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Rice Pilaf
"My family loves this rice dish. It is also wonderful if used with red pepper in place of the celery. Delicious!"