Savory Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 287 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Savory Rice Pilaf
"My family loves this rice dish. It is also wonderful if used with red pepper in place of the celery. Delicious!"