This tasty pilaf is a satisfying blend of flavors and textures.—Grady Walker, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, onions, water chestnuts if desired and seasonings; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir into the rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p18
Reviews for Savory Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
"My family loves this rice dish. It is also wonderful if used with red pepper in place of the celery. Delicious!"