Savory Potato Skins
"For a simple hot snack that really hits the spot on a cool fall evening, put together a plate of these crisp potato skins," recommends Torrington, Connecticut field editor Andrea Holcomb.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sour cream and chives, optional
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in.
- thick shell. (Save pulp for another use.) Cut shells lengthwise into
- quarters and place on greased baking sheet. Brush insides with
- butter. Combine salt, garlic powder and paprika; sprinkle over the
- skins. Broil until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. If desired, combine
- sour cream and chives and serve with potato skins. Yield: 32
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 93 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.