- least 1 hour.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown pork until no longer pink;
- drain. Add butter and onion; saute until onion is tender. Add
- potatoes, apples, flour, sugar, sage, pepper and salt; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, on a heavily floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in.
- thickness; cut into 3-1/2-in. circles.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons filling on each circle. Moisten edges with
- water; fold dough in half. Seal edges with fingers or a fork. Place
- on ungreased baking sheets.
- Beat egg yolks and water; brush over turnovers. Bake at 375° for
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 376 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer