Savory Pork Supper Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil and butter on each side; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, beans and rosemary for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the soup, water and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until pork juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with pork chops and top with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer