Savory Pork Supper Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil and butter on each side; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, beans and rosemary for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the soup, water and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until pork juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with pork chops and top with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 402 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Savory Pork Supper
"I've made this recipe several times. Frozen green beans will work in a pinch. I also like to slice my pork chop (I reduce the recipe for one person) like what I would for stir-fry."
"This was really good. I made a few changes though...I left out the mushrooms and doubled the green beans, I used Cream of Celery soup and I parboiled the beans for about 10 minutes."