Savory Pork Supper
Fresh green beans and mushrooms are coated with a creamy rosemary-seasoned sauce, then served over pork chops and fettuccine in this skillet meal shared by Stephanie Moon, of Boise, Idaho. It cooks quickly on the stovetop, so it's a nice family supper for busy weeknights.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil and butter on each side;
- drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the
- mushrooms, beans and rosemary for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Stir in the soup, water and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- until pork juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook
- fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with pork
- chops and top with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium,