Stews are one of my favorite foods. They can be put together to simmer, leaving me time to get things done around the house. I know you'll appreciate the convenience of this one-dish meal.
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Savory Pork Stew in Country Woman January/February 1995, p36
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Savory Pork Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review