- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Savory Pork Stew
Sort By :
Excellent stew!! Great mixture of ingredients leads to a great taste!!
This was delicious and voted a new family favourite! You'll be cleaning your bowl with bread to get every last bit of the yummy sauce.
To read my full review and see a picture of the completed dish go to http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-savory-pork-stew.html