Savory Pork Salad Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add pork; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the brown sugar, basil, soy sauce, lime juice, water and oregano. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper and pork. Drizzle with warm dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.