Savory Pork Salad Recipe
Our Test Kitchen makes an easy-going meal in a bowl by tossing together healthful veggies, pork tenderloin, fresh herbs and spices with a warm soy dressing.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add pork; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the brown sugar, basil, soy sauce, lime juice, water and oregano. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper and pork. Drizzle with warm dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Savory Pork Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Pork Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >