Savory Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, rosemary and sage
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown gravy mix
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, herbs and mustard; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water into the pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 70-90 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine gravy mix and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream and horseradish; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
6 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce equals 386 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,127 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Pork Loin Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.