- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, rosemary and sage
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown gravy mix
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, herbs and mustard; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water into the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 70-90 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Combine gravy mix and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in sour cream and horseradish; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Savory Pork Loin Roast
Sort By :
Wonderful meal with great flavor! I did not have fresh herbs so I used dried and it turned out great. I also used red onions and low fat sour cream in the gravy- no one could tell it was lite.
I have made this several times--I have never made the gravy--we just like the flavor of the roast by itself
This was great! would not change this one up. A lot of times I do, but this is perfect. Make enough for leftovers. Used for a casserole too. Just cut up the meat into chunks, Cook up some noodles and Cheese add some of the sauce and some Pork gravy and bake at 350 for about 20 min. Great!
My family loved this! I prepared this with a smaller roast and half the sauce and still had a lot of sauce left over. I usually end up changing something but this one is perfect as written. Thanks, DeEtta