Savory Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare popcorn: In a small bowl, combine the popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat. Yield: 24 batches (about 1/4 cup).
2 cups popped popcorn with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.