Savory Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare popcorn: Combine popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat. Yield: 24 batches (about 1/4 cup).
1/2 teaspoon: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Savory Popcorn Seasoning
"I used Cajun spice because I didn't have any cayenne pepper at home...makes a zesty snack!"