"I love this combination of herbs and seasonings tossed with popcorn," writes Janice Campbell from Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of heat to the late-night treat.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To prepare popcorn: In a small bowl, combine the popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat. Yield: 24 batches (about 1/4 cup).
Originally published as Savory Popcorn Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p11
Reviews for Savory Popcorn Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2009
"I used Cajun spice because I didn't have any cayenne pepper at home...makes a zesty snack!"