"I love this combination of herbs and seasonings tossed with popcorn," writes Janice Campbell from Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of heat to the late-night treat.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, parsley, basil, marjoram, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To prepare popcorn: In a small bowl, combine the popcorn, butter and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; toss to coat. Yield: 24 batches (about 1/4 cup).
Originally published as Savory Popcorn Seasoning in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p11
Reviews for Savory Popcorn Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2009
"I used Cajun spice because I didn't have any cayenne pepper at home...makes a zesty snack!"