- 2 cans (30 ounces each) purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place plums in blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; add sugar, or orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, vinegar and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to plum mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve as a condiment with pork or poultry. Yield: about 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Savory Plum Sauce in Country Woman July/August 2000, p35
Reviews for Savory Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
"This is a zippy and mildly warm sauce. It has a sweet and spicy flavor all at the same time. When I'm looking for something to make with my plumbs next year I am likely to go back to the recipe."